In Art we created pukeko collages.
Here we are hard at work on them. Collages use lots of different materials. Can you spot what we have used?
Moa
Once there was a giant bird,
Bigger than you or me.
He had a long neck
and long, strong legs
and he loved roaming free.
Then people came
and hunted him
for his feathers and his meat.
His bones were carved into jewellery
Or weapons he could not beat.
These giant birds
they tried to run.
But their numbers were quite small
and very soon, one by one,
The hunters killed them all.
Now the Moa roams no more.
Now he is extinct.
You can see him in books
and museum shows.
But I’d rather he was here, I think.
Once there was a giant bird,
Bigger than you or me.
He had a long neck
and long, strong legs
and he loved roaming free.
Then people came
and hunted him
for his feathers and his meat.
His bones were carved into jewellery
Or weapons he could not beat.
These giant birds
they tried to run.
But their numbers were quite small
and very soon, one by one,
The hunters killed them all.
Now the Moa roams no more.
Now he is extinct.
You can see him in books
and museum shows.
But I’d rather he was here, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment